Procurement February is officially upon us. Auction procurement packets, including procurement forms, were sent home with your children a few weeks ago. The school will be soliciting auction donations throughout the month of February. Please fill out a procurement form for each donation and turn it in to the office by Friday, February 27th so they can be cataloged and ready for the auction.
This year’s auction, A Pirate’s Life for Me!, will be held on March 31, 2012 at the Seattle Design Center Atrium. Jerry Toner, a wonderful auctioneer is returning for a fifth year to lead us through the live auction while dinner is being served. We will still have our delicious dessert auction and of course our famous wine raffle and trip raffle, which will be to Disneyland!
Before the Live Auction, we will announce the winner of the Case of Cash, which will return by popular demand this year.
This year we would like to extend our procurement to the businesses you work for and or individuals. Information about sponsorship can be found online and a Corporate Sponsor letter and form were included in the auction packets for you to submit to your employer’s and/ or businesses. Thank you for your help with this. We will be able to fund more projects with this added support while allowing for advertisement in our catalog and our invitations. All donations are tax deductible, we are a non-profit organization. This is a great way to include our community and help the school. The deadline for inclusion in the invitation and catalog is February 13, 2012.
Sixteenth Year Supporting Northwest Montessori School
Our Annual Auction, now in its sixteenth year, is one of the largest sources of support for Northwest Montessori School, providing money for school beautification, supplies and materials for our classrooms, scholarship funds and professional development for our staff. This is all made possible by the generosity of Northwest Montessori family and friends. We couldn’t do it without you.
Tips for soliciting auction donations
Visit the Auction page on the Northwest Montessori website for more information about the auction. We’ll be updating the website frequently with important information and updates about procurement and the auction.
This procurement pack includes a letter you can use to help you procure items and slips to accompany any donations.
Businesses and other organizations are happy to support local schools. Ask those with whom you or your friends are familiar. You will be surprised to find how receptive people are.
Call the businesses or organizations first to find out their donation policy and to whom the procurement form should be sent. This will save you and the donor time.
Follow up is important. It may take more than one visit or phone call to get your item.
Be sure to thank the donor in person when you pick up the item or the next time you buy something from them. The auction committee will send out thank you notes after the event. You can never say thank you too much!
Unlike many auctions, we allow, and even encourage donors to advertise their business along with their donated item. Donors are welcome to send along a stack of business cards, some pamphlets, or a small display. Displays that need to be returned must be clearly marked.
Completing the Procurement Slip
- Fill out a procurement slip (paper or online), even if the donor is giving cash rather than an item. Simply write “cash” in the item description box, if filling out a paper slip.
- Make sure all information is included, along with the donor signature and your name- the auction representative.
- Please specify the donor’s name and address clearly. We credit donors in the catalog and send thank you notes after the event, so this information is important!
- Extra forms are available at every branch. Go green this year and use our online procurement (item donation) form to donate an item. Or give us a call, and we will make sure you get all the forms you need.
A few things to remember about procurement items:
- Procure the things that you enjoy. Chances are other people will enjoy them as well.
- We cannot accept used or nearly new items.
- Based on past experience, we have found that professional/consulting services and religious items do not auction well, if at all.
Sample Procurement Ideas
- Seaplane Ride
- Cooking Classes
- Health Club Membership
- Parent’s Night Out: Gift certificate for dinner, movie passes and babysitting
- Fishing Trip
- Behind the scenes tour (chocolate factory, zoo, radio station, etc.)
- Yard Work
- Xbox or Wii
- Ski Passes
- Horseback riding
- Children’s Birthday Party
- Monthly pass for yoga
- Dinner delivery
- Electronics (camera, iPad, e-reader, iPod, video camera, etc.)
- Use of a boat, camper or pickup truck
- Nature Walk with Guide
- Window Washing
- Handmade Items
- Kayaking Trip
- Golfing Trip
- Hot Air Balloon Trip