Overview of the Admissions Process
Thank you for your interest in Northwest Montessori School! Our four-step admissions process is described below. For more information about our school or questions about these steps, please call the main office at (206) 524-4244. We require that any interested parent meet with an administrator and observe at our school before the enrollment process can begin. We want to ensure that you understand the Montessori method and make the best choice for your child.
2. Review admission materials
4. Complete registration
Upon acceptance, complete & finalize the registration process:
- Submit an Enrollment Agreement with a $200 non-refundable enrollment fee within 10 days of receiving an acceptance letter
- *Submit an Immunization Form
- *Complete Student Information and Registration Form
- *Make first tuition payment
* Due by August 1st
Book a Virtual Admissions Meeting
Thirty (30) minute virtual appointments are available Tuesdays between the hours of 12pm and 2pm (Pacific Time) and Thursdays between the hours of 1pm and 3pm (Pacific TIme).
Children are enrolled in The Primary Program when they are between 2 1/2 and 3 1/2 years old. Enrollment for new children over age 4 is determined by spaces available, balance of our age groups, as well as an interview with parents and a visit by the child to the classroom.
Children are enrolled in The Elementary Program in the fall at age 6 to 7. Occasionally a group of 2 or more children will transfer from the Primary during the academic year. The decision as to when a child will enter Elementary is made by the Primary teachers, Elementary teachers, administrators and parents.
Children enrolled in the Primary program have priority in enrolling in the Elementary. Children enrolled from outside the school will be enrolled depending on spaces available, balance of ages, prior school experience and thorough interviews with parents and a visit to the school by the child.
Three Year & Six Year Commitment
Dr. Montessori identified that every child goes through Planes of Development with a six year span, and a subset of three to four years. Each plane of development offers specific developmental opportunities and Northwest Montessori School’s three to four year program intends to meet those needs.
The community that is created through classroom relationships, the Montessori prepared environment and the Montessori curriculum, which is designed in each three to four year cycle, is what is meant by the phrase “Educating the Whole Child.” For these reasons, Northwest Montessori School asks that you make a three to four year commitment for your child (depending on birth date) to the primary program and a six year commitment to the elementary program upon enrollment.
- Returning student re-enrollment is due mid-March.
- New student enrollment occurs in the Spring, but new applications are reviewed in the order received.
- Registration form, immunization form, and first payment are due by August 1st.
- We offer a discount for plans A, B and C that is approximately 5%. Please note that on the tuition schedule and contract, there is an approximate 15% discount for siblings which is based on plan D*.
- The receipt of a deposit and the signed tuition contract establishes confirmation of your child’s attendance for the school year, unless a written letter of withdrawal is received. In the case of a student being withdrawn please refer to the Tuition Obligation in the contract.
- Financial aid and scholarship applications are available through the main office, by calling 206.524.4244. Notification of financial aid and scholarship awards will be sent by letter.
- Siblings must have all application forms completed to be enrolled in the school.
- As an AMI Recognized school we follow their standards which requires a three to four year commitment for primary (preschool classroom) that includes the Kindergarten year. Therefore, siblings whose older sibling did not complete that obligation will not be a priority for enrollment.
Please contact the main office at 206.524.4244 with any further questions. We are looking forward to having your family with us this year!
Washington State Law (RCW 28A.210.160) requires Northwest Montessori School to keep a completed Certificate of Immunization Status on file for every child who attends our school. The form must be signed by the child’s parent or legal guardian. Your child’s health care professional can help you complete the form.
Your child can be exempted (excused) from immunization for medical, personal or religious reasons. However, if there is an outbreak of a vaccine-preventable disease that your child has not been immunized against, she or he can be excluded from school until the outbreak is over.
Northwest Montessori School
Tuition and Fees (2023-2024 School Year)
PAYMENT SCHEDULE FOR FIRST CHILD – Plans A, B & C offer an approximate 5% discount.
(Due 8/1, 10/1, 2,1)
10 Monthly Payments
(Due 9/1 through 6/1)
|Half Day (9 AM-12 PM)||$12,840||$4,280||$1,284||$1,348|
|Full Day (9 AM-3 PM)||$15,120||$5,040||$1,512||$1,588|
|Elementary (8:45 AM-3:15 PM)||$15,270||$5,090||$1,527||$1,603|
|Dawn-to-Dusk (7 AM-6 PM)||$17,850||$5,950||$1,785||$1,874|
Early Birds (Elementary Before-care) – $125 per month
Coocadagy (Elementary After-care) – $325 per month
Early Birds + Coocadagy (Full-time Elementary Before- & After-care) – $400 per month
PAYMENT SCHEDULE FOR SIBLINGS ENROLLED – APPROXIMATE 15% DISCOUNT BASED ON PLAN D
|Plan A||Plan B||Plan C||Plan D|
|Half Day (9 AM-12 PM)||$11,460||$3,820||$1,146||$1,146|
|Full Day (9 AM-3 PM)||$13,500||$4,500||$1,350||$1,350|
|Elementary (8:45 AM-3:15 PM)||$13,620||$4,540||$1,362||$1,362|
|Dawn-to-Dusk (7 AM-6 PM)||$15,180||$5,060||$1,518||$1,518|
Early Birds (Elementary Before-care) – $106.25 per month
Coocadagy (Elementary After-care) – $276.25 per month
Early Birds + Coocadagy (Full-time Elementary Before- & After-care) – $340 per month
PLAN A, PLAN B, and PLAN C: Offer tuition discount for your first child.
PLAN C: Discount applies by submitting 10 post-dated checks
PLAN D: 10 monthly payments are due the 1st of each month from September 1 thru June 1
SIBLING DISCOUNT: Younger siblings of enrolled students receive approximate 15% discount (from PLAN D), regardless of payment plan.
DAWN to DUSK: The Dawn to Dusk contract is based on a ten month tuition, September 1 thru June 1 (no discount will apply). Tuition for Dawn-to-Dusk summer program is not included in 180-day school year contract.
Please note that these payment schedules are for a school year of 180-days, or 10 equal payments. No payment adjustment will be made for vacations, sickness, inclement weather closure, or closures of any other type. Tuition for summer programs is separate from 180-day school year.
Attendance at a minimum of two parent education evenings, along with two parent-teacher conferences and at least one classroom observation, is expected each year. These parent partnership events are essential to supporting the development of your child and gaining a further understanding of the Montessori philosophy.
ANNUAL GIVING and SPRING FUNDRAISER
Annual Giving and our Spring Fundraiser are necessary to maintain the high standards of NWM. We suggest a contribution of one month’s tuition for the Annual Giving Campaign. The Spring Fundraiser includes a social event for our community. 100% participation is expected for both fundraisers. Donations are tax deductible. A payment plan can be arranged.
A materials and activity fee for elementary students is due August 1 – $350.00 per year per student. Additional fees may be necessary for extended outings and the camp-out.
- A new student enrollment fee of $200.00, is non-refundable, and due upon submission of an enrollment agreement; this fee does not apply to tuition.
- There is a re-enrollment fee of $200.00 per child due March 8th for returning families. This fee is non-refundable; this fee does not apply to tuition.
- $50.00 late fee will be charged for payments two weeks late.
- $25.00 late fee will be charged daily for any child picked up after their scheduled departure time.
- $30 fee will be charged for any returned check
TUITION OBLIGATION SCHEDULE
If the student is withdrawn from the school for any reason, the obligation of the Parent(s)/ Guardian(s) will be calculated in accordance with the schedule below which sets out that obligation as a percentage of the total tuition due for the year. A one month written notice sent to the office is required before withdrawing your child. Charges will be assessed, or refunds calculated, based on this schedule:
|MONTH WITHDRAWN||OBLIGATION||MONTH WITHDRAWN||OBLIGATION|
|May – July||10%||November||50%|
|October||40%||February – June||100%|