Overview of the Admissions Process
Thank you for your interest in Northwest Montessori School! To gain a better understanding of our school and its programs, please plan to attend an Open House in early November or early January at any of our three branches.
For more information about Northwest Montessori School please call the main office at (206) 524-4244. At this time, we will set up an appointment for an observation, which is necessary to develop an understanding of Montessori education. We require that any interested parent observe a classroom and meet with the director of the school before enrollment procedures can begin.
Children are enrolled in The Primary Program at about age 2 1/2. Enrollment for children over age 4 is determined by spaces available, balance of ages and genders as well as an interview with parents and a visit by the child to the classroom.
Children are enrolled in The Elementary Program in the fall at age 6 to 7. Occasionally a group of 2 or more children will transfer from the Primary during the academic year. The decision as to when a child will enter Elementary is made by the Primary teachers, Elementary teachers, administrators and parents.
Children enrolled in the Primary program have priority in enrolling in the Elementary. Children enrolled from outside the school will be enrolled depending on spaces available, balance of ages and gender, prior school experience and thorough interviews with parents and a visit to the school by the child.
For children from non-Montessori schools, every effort is made to determine whether or not this is the right learning environment for the student.
Three Year & Six Year Commitment
Dr. Montessori identified that every child goes through Planes of Development with a six year span, and a subset of three to four years. Each plane of development offers specific developmental opportunities and Northwest Montessori School’s three to four year program intends to meet those needs.
The community that is created through classroom relationships, the Montessori prepared environment and the Montessori curriculum, which is designed in each three to four year cycle, is what is meant by the phrase “Educating the Whole Child.” Due to all of these reasons, Northwest Montessori School asks that a three to four year commitment (depending on birth date) to the primary program and a six year commitment to the elementary program upon enrollment.
Welcome to the 2017 – 2018 school year at Northwest Montessori Schools.
We are looking forward to full classrooms at all branches, with many new and returning students. Please note the following:
- Returning student re-enrollment is due mid-March.
- New student enrollment occurs in the Spring, but new applications are reviewed in the order received.
- Registration form, immunization form, and first payment are due by August 1st.
- We offer a discount for plans A, B and C that is approximately 5%. Please note that on the tuition schedule and contract, there is an approximate 15% discount for siblings which is based on plan D*.
- The receipt of a deposit and the signed tuition contract establishes confirmation of your child’s attendance for the school year, unless a written letter of withdrawal is received. In the case of a student being withdrawn please refer to the Tuition Obligation in the contract.
- Financial aid and scholarship applications are available through the main office, by calling 206.524.4244. Notification of financial aid and scholarship awards will be sent by letter.
- Siblings must have all application forms completed to be enrolled in the school.*
- *As an AMI Recognized school we follow their standards which requires a three to four year commitment for primary (preschool classroom) that includes the Kindergarten year. Therefore, siblings whose older sibling did not complete that obligation will not be a priority for enrollment.
Please contact the main office at 206.524.4244 with any further questions. We are looking forward to having your family with us this year!
Washington State Law (RCW 28A.210.160) requires Northwest Montessori School to keep a completed Certificate of Immunization Status on file for every child who attends our school. The form must be signed by the child’s parent or legal guardian. Your child’s health care professional can help you complete the form.*
* Your child can be exempted (excused) from immunization for medical, personal or religious reasons. However, if there is an outbreak of a vaccine-preventable disease that your child has not been immunized against, she or he can be excluded from school until the outbreak is over.
Northwest Montessori School
Tuition and Fees (2017-2018 School Year)
Payment Schedule for First Child (Plans A, B, and C offer an approximate 5% discount)
(Due 8/1, 10/1, 2,1)
10 Post-Dated Checks
(Due August 1st)
10 Monthly Payments
(Due 9/1 through 6/1)
|Dawn-to-Dusk||$1,340.00 for 10 post-dated checks or monthly payments|
|Coocadagy Full-time||$375.00 per month|
Payment Schedule for Additional Siblings (15% Discount)
|Plan A||Plan B||Plan C||Plan D|
|Dawn-to-Dusk||$1,140.00 for 10 post-dated checks or monthly payments|
|Coocadagy Full-time||$318.75 per month|
* Half-day programs are from 9:00am to 12:00pm for Primary children.
** Extended Day programs are from 9:00am to 3:00pm for Primary children.
PLAN A, PLAN B, and PLAN C: Offer tuition discount for your first child.
PLAN C: discount applies by submitting 10 post-dated checks.
PLAN D: 10 monthly payments are due the 1st of each month, September through June.
SIBLING DISCOUNT: Younger siblings of students receive approximate 15% discount (from PLAN D), regardless of payment plan.
Please note that these payment schedules are for a school year of 180-days, or 10 equal payments. No payment adjustment will be made for vacations or sickness. Tuition for summer programs is separate from 180-day school year.
Tuition is $1,340.00 per month due the first day of each month or as 10 post-dated checks. The Dawn-to-Dusk contract is based on a ten month tuition schedule from September 1st through June 1st (no discounts apply). Tuition for Dawn-to-Dusk summer program is separate from the 180 day school year.
ANNUAL GIVING and SPRING FUNDRAISER
Annual Giving and our Spring Fundraiser are necessary to maintain the high standards of NWM. We suggest a contribution of one month’s tuition for the Annual Giving campaign. The Spring Fundraiser includes a social event for our community. 100% participation is expected for both fundraisers. Donations are tax deductible, and a payment plan can be arranged.
- A materials and activity fee of $350.00 for each elementary student is due September 1st.
- Additional materials and activity fees may be necessary for extended outings and the annual camp-out.
- A non-refundable, one-time registration fee of $200.00 for new children is due upon submission of an Enrollment Application.
- Re-enrollment deposit of $200.00 is due each spring for all returning families. This deposit is non-refundable and will be applied toward the first tuition payment of the upcoming school year.
- $50 late fee will be charged for payments two or more weeks late
- $25 late fee will be charged for any child picked up after their scheduled departure time
- $30 fee will be charged for any returned check
Elementary Before/After School Care – Coocadagy Fees:
Mornings only – $125.00 / month Monday thru Friday
Afternoons – $125.00 / month for any one day of activity
Afternoons – $300.00 / month Monday thru Friday
Entire Package – $375.00 / month Monday thru Friday, mornings and Afternoons
TUITION OBLIGATION SCHEDULE
If the student is withdrawn from the school for any reason, the obligation of the Parent(s)/ Guardian(s) will be calculated in accordance with the schedule below which sets out that obligation as a percentage of the total tuition due for the year. A one month written notice sent to the office is required before withdrawing your child. Charges will be assessed, or refunds calculated, based on this schedule:
|MONTH WITHDRAWN||OBLIGATION||MONTH WITHDRAWN||OBLIGATION|
|May – July||10%||November||50%|
|October||40%||February – June||100%|